Hi, lovely! This post contains affiliate links. If you buy something using them, I’ll receive a commission – totally cost-free for you. Remember that I only recommend things that I love and I know you’ll love too!
Lately I’ve been investing in beauty and skincare products and trying to learn about their components, their properties, all that good stuff.
And one of the things that have caught my attention is that – to my horror – most of the brands available in my brick-and-mortar beauty shops is that 99% of the products are packaged in layers and layers of plastic. We don’t like that here.
So at one point I took my quest to the internet machine, and I found a couple of zero waste beauty brands say no to plastic and unnecessary packaging. They are true and tested, products that I have tried and I love, so if you have any questions about them don’t hesitate to ask me!
This brand right here is a must and my go-to zero waste beauty supplier.
- Their products have minimal packaging – alluminium or paper, never plastic
- They’re 100% vegan and cruelty free
- Green+Kind was founded by the founders of Flora and Fauna, an amazing Australian B Corp, so you can expect all their amazing values to be represented in their products
My pick: Konjac sponges
Konjac sponges are made using the root of a plant called Konjac that grows mostly in Asia. The plant is used as a cooking ingredient and the root, instead of being through away, is used as a natural skincare wonder.
The edible part of the Konjac plant has lots of minerals and all that good stuff for your skin, so you can begin to imagine the wonders the root can do for your skin. The whole idea is soaking them until they get softer and then you can use them for a gentle exfoliation.
These sponges are completely zero waste, and biodegradable and each one can last for about 2 months, so with one of these packs, you’ll have sponges for the full year.
Their motto is give up the bottle, so of course we love them. These are just a few of the reasons why:
- They are a certified climate-friendly business
- Their packaging is compostable
- All their products are cruelty-free
- And they are a Certified B Corporation – this means that they are not profit-focused, but instead give a lot of thought to ethical and environmental issues. LOVE IT.
And they make concentrated hair and skincare solid natural products.
My pick: butter blocks
Their butter blocks are the final alternative to body lotion and I love them for two reasons:
- One of these bars outlasts more than two bottles of my previous bottled moisturiser
- It’s made to be used after your shower on damp skin. I love that it absorbs pretty fast compared to bottled lotion and it doesn’t leave any weird residue like liquid lotions do, which allows you to get dressed right after and without feeling all sticky. Do you know that struggle?
If you’ve been around reading my blog for some time, you already know that we need to save the coral reefs.
Believe it or not, sunscreens hurt the coral reefs (and in general all the marine flora and fauna), so it’s very important that we try to switch to reef-safe sunscreen.
Other reasons why they’re awesome:
- Natural ingredients
- No chemicals like oxybenzone, and titanium dioxide
- Reef Safe
- UVA and UVB protection
My pick: Tinted facial moisturizer with SPF
I’m the kind of person that uses sunscreen 24×7, rain or shine, no matter what.
So even if – unfortunately – I won’t be getting in the sea any time soon, I’m definitely treating myself to one of their face creams with solar protection.